A meme found at The Low Road. Must… resist… Can’t… resist…
TEN random things about me:
- I was once one of the best young clarinettists in Ohio. Too bad I hated playing the damned thing.
- I acted a lot in college, particularly in musicals. That made no sense, as I really can’t sing very well.
- My first car was one of those Ford Pintos that blew up in a rear-end collision. I can’t remember if my family ever took it in for the recall work.
- I’m the youngest of seven children.
- I used to be terrified of dogs, mostly because I had a paper route and there were some territorial little beasts in my neighborhood.
- My first major in college was secondary education, in spite of the fact that I thought high school was miserable and couldn’t wait to be done with it. I changed my major after my very first classroom observation freshman year.
- I’m actually an award-winning journalist, though the award came from one of the worst newspaper conglomerates in North America.
- I make a damned fine molten chocolate cake, and it’s a really easy recipe.
- I absolutely hate it when people are rude to waiters, cashiers, and bank tellers.
- I sometimes wonder if I should be alarmed that my chest hair keeps coming in, decades after puberty.
NINE places I’ve visited:
- New Orleans. Love it.
- London, while my sister lived there.
- Paris, during the visit to London, carrying a stroller up and down the subway escalators.
- The Grand Canyon.
- Zion National Park, one of my favorite places on earth.
- Las Vegas, which is the right kind of tacky, for my money.
- Orlando, which is the wrong kind of tacky, for my money.
- Key West, where they just don’t give a damn, bless them.
- Chicago, though not for a comics convention, thankfully.
EIGHT things I want to achieve in life:
- To help my pets live as long and happy a life as possible.
- To publish a series of smutty, gay romance novels under an assumed name.
- To figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
- To reconcile my need for financial security with my lack of ambition.
- To soften my judgemental streak a bit.
- To take an intensive culinary course somewhere cool, like Tuscany.
- To expand my musical horizons.
- To develop better goal-setting skills.
SEVEN ways to win my heart:
- Tell me I’m funny.
- Get stupid over your pets.
- Make me laugh.
- Know where to get really good Thai food.
- Have an opinion on which recording of Follies is better.
- Like walking.
- Confess to your underlying misanthropy.
SIX things I believe:
- Pre-packed peanut butter sandwiches are a sign of the end times.
- Hummers (the cars) are ridiculous.
- Commercials in movie theatres are an appalling intrusion.
- People are generally annoying.
- West Virginia should be more walkable.
- When you’re on vacation, you should do something you wouldn’t normally do every day.
FIVE things I’m afraid of:
- The Bush administration.
- Driving in Massachusetts.
- Popular teens.
FOUR of my favorite things:
THREE things I do every day:
- Take care of my pets.
- Watch TV.
- Tell my partner I love him.
TWO things I’m not trying to do right now:
- Get too annoyed by work.
- Eat everything I see.
ONE person I want to see right now:
- My nephew. The cool one.