This is almost entirely unrelated to anything in terms of comics, but I really feel the need to convince myself that I didn’t waste the entire weekend playing Westward II. I wasted a lot of it, but I didn’t waste all of it:
1. Mowed lawn, or more accurately, mowed onion field masquerading as lawn.
2. Clipped male dog’s toenails without incident or injury.
3. Cleaned stove top.
4. Went to Lowe’s without excessive eye-rolling.
5. Went to supermarket without strangling any of my fellow patrons.
6. Read The Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke, which was pleasant and competent and contained cookie recipes, though none of them sounded life-changing. (Minor grumble: I’m always disappointed when a writer hints at a mysterious relationship between people of the same sex, then it turns out to be the most un-sexy relationship possible.)
7. Read the preview of Matthew Loux’s Salt Water Taffy that Oni sent me, and wow, is that a good comic. More on that subject later.
Okay, I guess it wasn’t a total loss.